So, before the blog officially goes ‘live’, I thought it would be an idea to let you know who’s running the show… So without further ado, welcome to my teeny piece of the internet. A little ‘alternative’, no ring-filter lights, I take high street over high-end any day and all my ramblings are my own. Grab a cuppa, get comfy and let’s do this!
In case you were wondering…
- I love all things pin-up, burlesque, Tiki and succulent… make what you will…
- I am a Londoner born and bred. I grew up in East London, have always worked in East London and re-located to North London about ten years ago.
- I wear winged liner all day, every day and have used the same eyeliner since I was 16.
- Leopard print is everything… Coat, pyjamas, scarves, bags. Ignore the nay-sayers, you can never have too much.
- I have two Chugs (Chihuahua / Pug crosses) who essentially are my managers. Their names are Gambit & Nanna and frequent the walls of my Instagram (@Another_Tattooed_Lady).
- My favourite cocktail is a ‘Jaffa’ and has been for the last decade… Sailor Jerry’s spiced rum, Kahlua, Triple Sec, orange marmalade and a Jaffa Cake floating on the top? What’s not to love! Don’t take my word for it, sample the yumminess at The Winchester if you’re in my part of town!
- I’m pretty OK at baking, but spend 99% of my time deluding myself that I’m on a ‘healthy eating’ regime and know that freshly baked cake will only result in one thing with me… crumbs.
- I find it ‘soothing’ to listen to podcasts about serial killers and horror as I fall asleep.
- I’ve been married and now have one of those amazing 21st century relationships where my ex-hubby remains a very dear friend and we talk often… usually about our cat, Ripley, (who resides with me and is terrified of everything and everyone). We are NOT like Gwen and Chris… although, yeah, we consciously ‘uncoupled’… I always feel its’ best to make these life decisions when you’re awake.
- I am ‘co-habiting’ with my wonderful boyfriend who stands at an amazing 6’5″ and is the only person to make me feel short.
- I am 5’11” tall (I know you were wondering).
- I’m older than I look and I think that I’m technically now judged as just creeping in to my “late-thirties”… I still get ID’d for alcohol purchases, so that’s how I gauge if it really is “just a number“.
- I have a secret love affair with Mexico… To date I’ve visited three times and I intend to visit many more. To keep me sane in the cold and rainy London weather, I make sugar skulls out of clay.
- I cut my own fringe in with an appliance that should really be used for tending to more ‘intimate’ feminine areas… (refer to the concluding statement of fact number one)
- I can’t finish on the fact above, can I? Erm… I dislike olives and mushrooms greatly; but not as much as the absolute hatred I feel towards… courgettes.